Sunday, July 10, 2011

Painting water

Doing another painting with water and sky. Trying to master the reflective qualities of the water from a multi colored sky can be a real problem (PIA). I know the water is supposed to be a shade or so darker than the sky, but that does not always hold true. the complication arises because a single small wave or ripple will reflect light and color that is both on and off the canvass. This is also complicated by the color of the water (I know water is clear but algae, mud, runoff particles, etc can also influence reflection) that further complicates the situation. Sometimes I wonder why I ever do water scenes. I guess because I like to paint waterfowl - and guess what - they hang out around water;-) Don't forget to visit my web page.

No comments:

Post a Comment